Thursday, May 24, 2007

School's out!!!!!

So I will say I am very excited for school to be out. I just love to sleep in and it will be nice to be able to sleep til 10 am if I want to. I have a question though. My kids have all turned in their books, homework is over, finals last half the day for Corbin. I am wondering what purpose this last week of school has? It seems like a waste of time for both teacher and student. My kids spend their days doing little art projects, reading with the teacher and cleaning everything in sight. Corbin spent yesterday cleaning out his locker and getting an ok from the janitor. He still has a week to go. Does that mean he can trash his locker in the next week and not be fined? I just don't get it. I could understand the necessity for half days if they actually needed to study for a final but it sounds to me like he is watching more movies and playing games than taking finals.

Oh well, maybe next year we will plan our vacation for the last week of school.

No comments: