Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Price of a pretty smile

Well it happened. I officially had a heart attack. As many of you know my little Trent has an interesting smile. So like any good mother I took him to the orthodontist to see what could be done. The heart attack came when the good Dr. told me we would be fixing that interesting smile in two phases. Phase one: which includes braces on the front teeth only and an interesting head gear, at the low price of $2400. and then on to phase two. That is the actual braces in say about 5 years or so which will approx. be $4500. and by the way half of phase one can be the down payment of phase two, so actually by doing phase one I am saving money. Because without phase one he would probably have braces for a very long time. On a more positive note Trevor, who was blessed with the Brenchley mouth and Kortney as well, will only need phase two and therefore will only cost approximately $4500. each. All I can say is start saving now. Who would have thought that a pretty smile could cost as much as a used car.....

1 comment:

Natasha said...

I'm feeling the pain of your kids!! I had my braces on from 2nd grade to 9th grade. . .that is 7 years! They were fiing my bite so I didn't have a speech-impediment. . . I am sorry for the cost! Your kids will thank you in the end!