Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Vacation's over!

School was out on the 31st and we left for California on the 1st. We helped a friend move back home so we drove it in one day. I was a little hesitant, I haven't made that drive in one day in quite some time. My kids did great and we made it there by early evening. We visited with friends in El Monte and then headed for Camarillo. We stayed with our friends the Melines. They are great and they have kids all my kids ages so everyone has a friend. We hung out Saturday, I was too pooped to go out, and I got a smoothy from my favorite place.

Sunday was church, where we visited with everyone and then we left for the time share at the beach. Doheney is by Dana Point and the beach is quite rocky. Unfortunately we found out about a better beach on Thursday. It was a little nostalgic for me. Denton and I spent part of our honeymoon at that beach. Anyway we had a great time, unfortunately I was a bad mom and forgot the sunscreen the first day. It was cloudy and cold so I thought it would be a quick trip to the beach. I quickly sprayed down the little ones but forgot myself and Trevor. Luckily he kept his shirt on. Wendy and I probably looked the same. Except mine was the front of me. It took a while to heal and start to peel. I was pretty upset. Mainly because I should know better. Of course, the sun came out and we stayed for a couple of hours.

Well it is late so more to come later......

2 comments:

Natasha said...

i hate it when vacations come to an end and you have to go back to "real life"!

Harper Family said...

So we looked the same eh... Sunburns UNITE!