Monday, June 25, 2007

Vacation part 2

So the vacation was great until monday morning. At 6 am my cell phone started ringing. I ignored the first two times but got up and answered the third call. It was Corbin calling to tell me that he was at the school waiting for the bus to go to camp and no one was around. Come to find out he was given the wrong time and missed the bus. He also told me that he had forgotten his wallet and went downstairs to get it and there was water coming in his window. He had slept upstairs and that was the first he had been downstairs. Come to find out the hose had been left on and was filling up his window well and coming in through the window. At first we thought it wasn't too bad but then Heidi went over after work and found out his whole room was flooded and the water was going out into the hall. She pulled up the carpet and tore out the pad, with the help of Kenzie and my neighbor. They sucked up all the water and left the carpet to dry with fans. Thank goodness Corbin forgot his wallet. I was more worried about getting Corbin to camp than I was the carpet. Now if I could just get someone to come out and lay more pad and tuck the carpet.

No comments: