Thursday, June 28, 2007

Summertime fun

I am still trying to figure out how to post pictures on here. So far our summer fun consists of time spent at Seven Peaks. The kids really enjoy going there and I am becoming a red hed with a tan, sort of. Now that our excitement is hopefully over the summer homework can begin. I am trying to implement a half hour reading time for all my kids. Probably before chores, we will see how well it goes. Kortney and her friends love playing school so I am putting her in charge of Trent. She will be reading with him and helping him with the sight words. I hope it works and doesn't bring to much contention into our home.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

in the summer, my mom would purchase "work books" and we had to do math every day! She said it kept up our "school skills" I hated it, but I think I am going to do the same with my kids! I love the reading idea though! You should look and see if you local Library has a summer reading program. That might help them get motivated! AND, Harry Potter #7 does come out in a couple of weeks. That should get them excited!