Tuesday, February 20, 2007

car shopping

What a weekend it was. My friend Marianne and I both need a car. She wants a van and I want a small get around town car. We spent the weekend trying to find her a van. It was a learning experience for both of us. Neither one of us has bought a car ourselves. There were dads and husbands to help. We didn't do as much research as we probably should have, it would have been a little less painful.

We started out with salesman Jonathon. A young Korean with a wife but no kids. As we test drove one van I think we scared him. Marianne told him we had nine kids between us and I made the comment that this van wasn't quite big enough. It was hilareous. I enjoyed being the tough one, keeping her on track. It can be overwhelming and we found it was easier having someone there to help relieve some of the pressure.

Unfortunately, we were unable to work a deal so we will be out again next weekend. Hopefully with better luck.

By the way, if a car only has 4hp does that mean it is a gutless wonder? Can it make it up a hill?

1 comment:

Natasha said...

sounds like a productive weekend! I would have liked to see the look on the Korean man's face when he learned about the 9 kids!
HA