Monday, January 12, 2009

Back to school.

Wow that was a quick vacation. In fact it didn't feel like a vacation at all. I spent the first week working my shifts plus about 20 hours or so of OT, perfect for holiday spending and yet there is no time to shop. Needless to say Christmas came and went and I had to scrounge for stocking stuffers because the store was out of the usual peanuts my kids like. We had a small but nice Christmas. At first it didn't feel small (in the pocketbook) but when I added it all up I did pretty well staying within reason.

School this semester will be busy, lots of reading and plenty of quizes in most of my classes. I should be plenty busy. I am excited that if all goes well I should have my Associates degree at the end of fall 2009 semester.

Sorry about my earlier comments, I didn't mean to create a stir. I was just dissappointed that we all couldn't get together for the family party. I understand that everyone had good reasons, it just wasn't as fun without everyone there. Anyway most of us got together for New Years and it was great seeing Greg and Natasha and their family. You are welcome to stay with us anytime.

Today is the anniversary of Denton's death, it is also Aprils birthday. This year seems harder than years past, I don't really know why but we all seem to be more upset. I wonder when it will stop hurting. I know most of you didn't like Denton and you all had good reasons not too, but as always when you live with someone you learn all their personalities and even though some may drive you nuts, you look passed those because you can see the good there as well. Denton had alot of good in him. He was a great provider, he was a good dad, and he was usually a good husband. I guess that is all there is. None of us are perfect and maybe this year I am able to miss the good a little more than resent the bad. Who knows, that is enough reflection for now.
I need to get kids to bed and help with a science project that is due tomorrow and we are just starting tonight. Maybe that is what I miss, his help with all these things I hate to do.

2 comments:

goldmania said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. It's easy for some of us to forget things that don't effect us directly. I am in constant amazement of you and all you do. I can't imagine how frustrating and hard it can be sometimes for you. You are such a great person and I love you. Please let us know if you ever need anything, even just someone to yell at to get it out. :) Sometimes that just feels good! I hope you have a little better day tomorrow. Sorry to say I suck at science projects.

monica guillen said...

hi debbie, i just find one picture of Denton when he did his mission in Uruguay, mi name is Monica Guillen, and i had contact with you while the first years of your marriage, I just know about Denton´s leave...i found you at google, i would like to contact you, I remember Denton was a very good man, he was a police o something like this? hope you are all doing the best you can...receive a big hug from down here...love, monica