Monday, March 10, 2008

Ok, so I really do not like the time change. Here it is 1:00 in the a.m. and I can't sleep. I have watched all of the shows that I recorded over the last few days while I was working and I have finished all of the books from the library. I hate it when I can't sleep. I am also fighting a cold and could really use the sleep.

Today is Trevor's birthday, he is fourteen. It's weird. I look at him and I think wow, he is growing up. He passed me in height a while ago, but as we sit and talk, the ideas that are floating around in his head amaze me. Just today, while having his b-day dinner at Tepanyaki's, he brought up something that made me stop and think. His mind is crazy and the way he comes to conclusions in such a round about way, there are times that I think he just might be a genious in a lurpy 14 yr old body. No wonder we all think he is a little strange at times. I just wish there was a way to motivate that genius. I know he is bored in school most of the time, and if it weren't for band (not practicing his trumpet) and the lack of a science fair project (I didn't want to do one), he would be getting straight A's without even trying. So my question is "How do you motivate someone, or help someone find their passion?" I am happy to report that he has joined the track team, and today went running all by himself for an hour. Maybe I will have to join him. Ya right, I would kill over before I reached the end of the block.

The rest of the gang is ok. Just the usual sibling rivalry stuff. I hate that my kids fight but I am told it is normal.

Here's my sweet: My son is 14.

Here's my sour: I have a cold and feel yucky and I can't sleep!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm glad to hear that someone else is having a hard time sleeping. I haven't gotten to sleep before midnight all week and the bad thing is that I have to be to work at 8am. I'm not sure if my problem is the time change or the fact that for the last year and a half (give or take a day)I have been working till 1 or 2 in the morning and lately we have been working days. I just wish the people I work for would realize how hard it is to switch from nights to days all the time. I've decided I need a new job.
Have you thought about letting Trever take classes using the packets. Maybe if he could go at his pace he would be happier and even finish sooner. Just a thought. I knew a lot of people in Texas that had kids with the same problem so they ended up home schooling they're kids. Just what you want to do isn't it.

Alisa said...

Debbie - thanks for posting the update. It is good t hear how you are doing. I can't believe Trevor is 14 - wow, does time fly or what?