Tuesday, March 18, 2008

mom lives on in all of us.

Tonight I had flashbacks to my childhood. Korinn, at 9:00 tonight mind you, reminded me that I promised her I would put curls in her hair. So while watching/fast forwarding through American Idol, I put her hair in rollers. I had her sit on a basket to make her just the right height. The only thing missing was the smack on the head with the back side of the brush when we moved our head. I will take a picture and post it so you can see my little curly-locks.

Right now it is almost 11:oo pm and I am arguing with Corbin to get his homework done. Over the weekend I received a disturbing progress report. It seems my A-student forgot to do quite a bit of work over the term. Needless to say the "mom" came out in me and once I was done demanding answers that he of course could not provide (being the weekend and all) I took away his cell phone and threatened to take away his car. I really hate to do that as it will be more a punishment to me, I would have to drive him everywhere. He is a good kid, and I realize that I am very lucky, he should have all his grades up by the end of term Friday.

Trent and I went back to therapy this week. He has down a quick downward spiral over the last month or so and I figured I need help with him. She had some ideas for both him and Korinn. I have yet to implement the ideas, mainly because it requires extra one-on-one time with mom and I have yet to find the time. We have spent the last few days getting caught up on late homework and much needed reading. I did go talk to his teacher, showed her the two paragraphs that took Trent and hour to write. He has a great imagination but the OCD in him really limits his ability to write. He spent half that time erasing and rewriting because something wasn't spelled write or a word was missing or it wasn't what was in his head. By the time we were through I wanted to scream. Then I find out it is for his "writing" class and the teacher for that class said absolutely no late work and it was due today. I thought he had until the end of the week. So the headache was for nothing. I wonder if they have a keyboard class for kids his age. Maybe typing would be easier for him.

As for me I found out recently that I can fly to Ireland for $50. each way. Some special offered by an airline out of Ireland. I just have to go by the end of May. Ireland is the one place I have always wanted to visit. I just have to figure out how to make it work. If anyone has any suggestions on places to visit, stay, ect. Would love the suggestions.

No comments: